This page has been set up to provide links to community-wide resources for multiplayer (MP) gaming in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (NWN:EE). NWNWiki’s entry on multiplayer is also a helpful place to start.
The NWN Campaign DM and Builder Bundle contains 5 PDF guides and 2 module packages designed to provide everything needed to start DMing and building multiplayer campaigns in NWN:EE. Download at the Neverwinter Vault: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/nwn-campaign-dm-and-builder-bundle
- The NWC Multiplayer Joining and Hosting Guide is a step-by-step explanation of how to use NWN:EE in multiplayer mode. It walks through the process of both joining internet games and how to host one on your own computer.
- The NWC Quick and Dirty MP Roleplay Guide is designed to help orient those new to the multiplayer interface, as well as providing a common (optional) reference point for in-game behavior.
- Creating and Running a Neverwinter Nights Campaign walks through the conceptual and practical process of building and DMing your own campaign, including a number of valuable resource links.
- DMing in a Persistent World Environment is a revised and updated guide to techniques for effective DMing on a PW. The contents cover a number of different ideas and practical issues, and were originally based on a discussion at the old Bioware DM-Friendly Initiative (DMFI) Guild forum.
- Creative DMing and Playing Techniques in Neverwinter Nights shows how DMs and players can go beyond the engine and open up new possibilities for in-game action.
- Creating Believable and Memorable NWN NPCs addresses both builder (NWN toolset) and Dungeon Master (DM client) methods of creating immersive NPCs for your gameworld. The techniques described are ones designed to offer the best value for a relatively limited investment in time and effort.
Old School NWC Guides – these resources are legendary in both size and scope and hold up well for today’s NWN:EE experience. Both Gruush and Lazybones gave their permission for hosting the guides at the new Neverwinter Connections.
- Gruush’s The Role Player’s Guide to Multiplayer Neverwinter Nights
- Lazybones’ The Neverwinter Connections Community Guide to Dungeon Mastering
Multiplayer module lists
- Recommended community modules that do not require a DM
- DM-Friendly modules on Neverwinter Vault
- NWN:EE DM client demo on YouTube by Gavin Tsang
- What’s role-playing and how to do it? by Larpushka
- BoNT’s live session streams
- BumblingBrit’s Neverwinter Nights toolset: Learn in 5 minutes
The Beamdog Persistent Worlds & Multiplayer forum is the official NWN:EE community forum hub for all PW and MP info. Be sure to see the stickied server admin posts, for those who need expert technical assistance on large projects.
Neverwinter Vault is the central repository for the entire NWN community’s projects and is the host for download of all of the DM-Friendly and multiplayer modules listed above.
The DMFI’s certified module list on Neverwinter Vault (see above) is a community resource. The DMFI Review Team welcomes DMs and module authors to nominate new mods for the list and test them out at Neverwinter Connections.
DMFI 101: So You Want To Be a DM is the Hall of Fame tutorial module for the original Neverwinter Nights.
DMFI 101: Enhanced Edition is the DM tutorial module for NWN:EE, with a significant amount of new content.
The DMFI Multiplayer Starter Mod contains the DMFI Wands and Widgets pre-installed, along with multiple resting, death and other helpful script systems that will save time for builders of new campaigns and multiplayer modules. All features are fully documented and additional resource links and tips for building MP mods are included.
The Neverwinter Nights Workshop site was launched in September 2020 and is intended to be a community repository for guides on all aspects of NWN. This interview on the site contains some history about Neverwinter Connections.
The Neverwinter Nights Discord has participants from all over the NWN community, including MP online server projects.
The r/Neverwinter Nights subreddit is a general community space.