* * * * *
Top notch work this week, team. I’m glad that Stan’s recovered from his wounds but this should be a useful lesson to be careful out there and always expect ADVENT to have a few surprises ready. Our priority this week is decrypting the data we grabbed off that officer, but we should be ready for a tough mission once we get the info on the alien Blacksite.
MC costs in this list are for subsequent copies of an item once it is researched. Initial research just uses X-COM Research Capacity.
Decrypting the data downloaded from the skulljacked ADVENT Officer will take up 5 RC.
Base production is 3d10+2 (Singh)
- Magnetic Rifle. We can expand upon our success with the mag pistol and create a full-sized rifle that can project mag rounds with devastating speed and accuracy. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC10, MC8]
- Shard Gun. The Shard Gun takes standard shotgun shells and superheats them in a magnetic ignition chamber. The result is a molten spray of burning death. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [3/10 completed, RC10, MC8]
- Arc Blade. When pure kinetic energy is no longer sufficient in the field, the Arc Blade may prove necessary. It boosts the standard Sword's combat effectiveness with the addition of an electric field, capable of stunning enemies not killed outright. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. Special note: bonus granted due to recovery of prototype stun weapon on a previous mission. [5/15 completed, RC15, MC10]
- Gauss Weapons. With our mastery of ADVENT's core weapon technology, we can now develop specialized weapon systems using the alien technology to improve on power storage and consumption, projectile path fidelity, and penetrative force over greater distances. We may be able to develop a sniper rifle and cannon variant based on our newly learned Magnetic Weapons technology. [RC10]
- Nanoscale Vest. The Nanoscale vest is a light armor underlay derived from ADVENT armor. This vest can be worn with all X-COM armors to provide additional protection. [RC15]
- Predator Armor. Predator armor represents our first foray into new body protection based on alien hybrid materials. This suit of medium armor offers excellent protection against most forms of attack. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC15, MC10]
- Spider Suit. This suit of light armor offers improved protection over the basic X-COM Kevlar, and includes a grapple that can be used to access improved tactical positions on the battlefield. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC15, MC10]
- Improved Medikit. Doctor Ranma tells us that we can improve our basic medical kits to provide more effective battlefield triage. All current medikit production will be upgraded once this technology is researched. [RC10]
- Personal Shield. Our successful autopsy of the ADVENT Shieldbearer has opened up a promising line of inquiry that may allow us to integrate this tech into our own armors. One prototype will be produced when this technology is researched. [RC20, MC10]
- ADVENT Purifier Autopsy. With a greater understanding of the systems behind the ADVENT Purifier's unusual tolerance of environmental hazards, it will likely be possible to emulate their methods for some use in our own equipment.[RC5]
- ADVENT MEC Breakdown. These mechanized units have a familiar humanoid form, but we haven't found any indication of a pilot or biological control system. I'm hoping that once we've pulled it apart, I'll be able to mirror some of their advancements in our own weapons and robotic systems. [RC5]
- Berserker Autopsy. This unusual specimen is clearly afflicted by some form of extreme muscular hyperthrophy, although how the species came to exist in this state will require a thorough examination. I suspect the research could lead to varying enhancements for our own troops, perhaps even means of intensifying their own thirst for combat. [RC10]
- Viper Autopsy. This creature is clearly reptilian in nature, although it appears to be not only sentient, but also highly intelligent. Still, the underlying physiology is remarkably similar to a number of terrestrial species- including the venom sacks, which we might be able to synthesize and incorporate for use in our medical supplies. [2/10 completed, RC10]
- Faceless Autopsy. At one time, the Thin Men were the most advanced infiltration units available to the aliens. Now, we face a species capable of mimicking the human form at will. A study of their unique physiology could help us improve our own medical techniques. [RC10]
- Elerium. The aliens, and to a lesser extent ADVENT, have long relied on the otherworldly element known as Elerium to power everything from their weapons systems to the UFOs themselves. It may take some time but furthering our understanding of this material could greatly advance our own weapon and armor development projects.[RC15]
- Psionics. Although we've seen them wielding Psionic powers before, our recent encounters with the aliens have truly shown us how they are able to deftly manipulate the flow of Psionic energy and use it to their advantage. If we were to master it as well as they have, the potential applications in the field would be limitless.[RC20]
Base production is 3d10+1 (Mendoza) +1 (Tieffendahl) +1 (Johnson)
- Mag Pistol. The workshop can now manufacture additional copies of the magnetic pistol. [MC5]
- Magnetic Ammunition. This ammunition can be used in all of our magnetic weaponry. [MC1/2 (one unit of capacity produces two boxes)].
- Skulljack. If needed, we can manufacture additional copies of the Skulljack for use during away missions. Doctor Tygan also thinks that we may be able to improve the basic design at some point.[MC10]
- EXO Suit. This suit of heavy armor provides superior protection, and includes an embedded rocket launcher. [MC15]
- Additional Medikit Production. We all know that medical supplies are at a premium. We can dedicate a portion of our manufacturing output to augment what Doctor Ranma can put together in Medical each week, but that means a cut in other areas. [Manufacturing Cost: 2/kit]
- Advanced Surgical Kit. Our medikits are pretty fantastic, but even they can only do so much. This kit, designed for field use, can keep a critically injured team member alive long enough for more substantial medical intervention back on the Avenger. [Game Note: this is a one-use Raise Dead device.] [MC5/kit]
- Advanced Medical Center. The upgrade to the Avenger’s power system will allow us to further upgrade our facilities. The project outline includes debris clearance on the lower decks. [18/20 completed, MC20, requires Improved Medical Capacity, adds unlocks, +1d6 medikit production.]
- Defensive Turrets. Our raid on the alien supply ship highlights our own vulnerability to attack. This upgrade would add a pair of automatic turrets to the exterior of the ship, flanking the exit ramp. [MC15]
- Mundane Toolkits. Chief Shen can produce just about any kind of ordinary toolkit in the workshop. Just let her know what you need and we'll see that it's added to the queue. [MC varies depending on the tool.]
Remember to get your recommendations in by Friday.